Transform metal, transform yourself
This course isn’t just about creating a knife. It’s about immersing yourself in the art of forging and discovering the joy of creating something with your own hands. You will learn about the different types of metals and their properties, and gain a deep understanding of the craft that has been passed down for centuries. There is something truly magical about working with fire and transforming raw materials into something beautiful and functional. Forging is more than just a craft – it’s a journey of self-discovery and transformation.
You will not only learn a new skill, but you will also gain a sense of self-confidence and empowerment. You will discover what you are truly capable of, and leave with a sense of pride and accomplishment knowing that you created something with your own hands. Let the fire ignite your passion, and let the transformation of raw materials into a functional work of art inspire you to transform yourself.
No matter your skill level, this course offers a truly one-of-a-kind experience that is both educational and inspiring. Join us and discover the ancient art of forging, unleash your inner blacksmith, and create something truly special.
Course of the experience:
- Welcome and introduction to the course. At the beginning we’ll start with safety briefing and overview of general guidelines of working with forge, hammer, anvil and tools.
- Then you’ll be introduced to a variety of knives and metals to choose from. Depending on your skill level, you’ll have the option to choose a basic knife or a more complex design. You’ll receive guidance on selecting the appropriate metal for your knife, based on your desired shape and intended use.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to learn about the properties of different types of metals, such as carbon steel or stainless steel, and their benefits and drawbacks
- After selecting your metal, you’ll heat it in the forge and I’ll show and guide you on how to shape it into desirable form. You’ll learn about the different types of hammer and their uses, as well as how to hold the metal and use the tools safely and effectively.
- Once you’ve shaped your blade, you’ll then temper it by heating it to a specific temperature and cooling it in a quenching tank. You’ll learn about the science behind tempering, and how to achieve the optimal level of hardness for your knife.
- Finally, you’ll polish the blade and make a wooden handle. At the end you’ll learn how to shape the handle to fit perfectly into your hand and at the end of the course you’ll learn on how to sharpen your knife.
- After a whole day of fun and unique experience you’ll be able to take home your brand new knife and you’ll be able to tell your family and friends you were the one that made it!
The blacksmith tools, safety equipment and materials are part of the experience.
A forging experience is suitable for all genres and up from 10 years old (in a company of an adult).